Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Testing And Tracking For Article Marketing Success

This particular area of article marketing has probably had more to do with my success in article marketing than anything else that I have done. I am a particular avid tester, and by testing I was actually able to create two article marketing methodologies.

I created different tracking pages for different sets of article directories, and ranked each of these sets of article directories according to the amount of traffic they brought me. Using the process of elimination, I was able to quite quickly determine which web sites were good for generating direct traffic from my articles, and which web sites were best for creating long term inbound links. I have also used my tracking techniques to determine which article marketing submission and distribution services were most effective. This actually spurred me to drop some of the article submission and distribution services I was using at one time, in favor of doing more of the work myself, and outsourcing to an individual rather than a firm, the submission of my articles.

There are two primary tracking methods I employ, and I will attempt to go through these in as detailed a fashion as possible, as I personally believe this is one of the most important aspects of your web business.

You see, in most of the web marketing you do, you will find that on average, your long term results are not necessarily positive, in aggregate. But if you isolate the productive portions of your strategy, and drop the ones that are pulling you down, you can often create profits or results, even when initial results are ho-hum.

Here are the two article marketing methodologies:

1) Write lots of articles and submit to a short list of special article directories for immediate traffic

2) Write a small number of articles and submit to a long lost of various article directories for long term search engine traffic.

Do you want to learn more about how I do it? I have just completed my brand new guide to article marketing success, Your Article Writing and Promotion Guide

Download it free here: Secrets of Article Promotion

Sean Mize is a full time internet marketer who has written over 1574 articles in print and 11 published ebooks.

Computeraddictllrvshhvn
Articleaiquashkwrg
Web Developmentkwroddnfsy
Web Developmentypfcyyl
Wwwfenslx

No comments: